Monday, December 1, 2008

What would you do for five bucks?

Austin is constantly daring me to eat repulsive things for five bucks. The conversation usually goes something like this "I'll give you five bucks if you eat that" (usually it's bacon grease or some sort of leftover cooking refuse). To which I reply "You don't have five bucks, I have all of your money." That usually ends the conversation.


Last night Austin helped me make creamy turkey soup using congealed turkey stock I made the day before.


Apparently Austin has given up on me because he called Autumn into the kitchen and told her, what else? "I'll give you five bucks if you eat this" "What is it?" "Turkey Jell-O" "O.K." And I'm not kidding, she ate it, no reservations. She didn't gag or flinch. She didn't think it was too bad. Then to top it off Aspen came in demanding a bite of "Turkey Jell-O." Austin initially told her no, but that just made her want it more. Crying ensued and she got her bite. Again, no gaging, nothing. She just said "I no like it." I can't believe it! I can't get these kids to try anything new, maybe jell-o is the key. Perhaps that's how green jell-o with carrots came about--mom's discovered kids will eat anything in jell-o. When it was all said and done Autumn promptly demanded her five bucks. Guess who had to pay her.

6 comments:

Rach said...

HA!! I love it. I can't believe she ate it either. Turkey jello does not sound appealing to me - even for five bucks!

Mel said...

That is too funny! My kids would not do that. I take that back-my son probably would now that he is older and pretty much loves to prove people wrong about everything.

Keli said...

Oh that is awesome! I wonder if we have chicken jello then maybe I can get Aiden to eat more food. :)

Tara said...

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard! And Ewww...turkey jello?

Teeples Family said...

Your kids are so funny--and so smart. I also love your stories from the "mouth of babes..." I remember taking Autumn home from something one day and she commented on "how much construction was going on around us." It was such an adult thing to say--and to notice. What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

That is truely foul. Reminds me of a space ghost episode. (Boy does that tag me as a geek!) I'm glad I found your blog. What a nice peek into your family's life.