Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Welcome Baby Eden


All week I wondered whether the baby would ever come. I was bigger and more uncomfortable than either of my two previous pregnancies. Not only that, but the baby was so low I thought she would fall out at any moment. So toward the end of the week, I began making calls to my doctor's office to schedule an inducement, but I never got any callback. I figured it would be another week, at least, before I'd have the baby.
Saturday, my sister and I took Autumn and Aspen to the pool for a nice, relaxing morning of swimming. The weather was perfect and I was in need of some R&R. While Austin was out running errands and I was relaxing at the pool, my doctor finally called back and said that he had been trying to get a hold of us. In fact, he said he had the hospital already to admit us to have the baby the night before but he couldn't get a hold of us. He told us we could head to the hospital at anytime and have the baby. I think Austin was more anxious to have the baby than I was. He couldn't get me out the door and to the hospital fast enough and I wasn't even in labor!
At about 2:00pm, Austin and I arrived at the hospital and had began the process of inducing labor. I hadn't had any mentionable labor pains for the whole week, but within a short time, I began feeling the pressure of more frequent and substantial contractions. It was nice that I had an epidural early on and could barely feel a thing.
However, at about 5:30pm I asked Austin to look at my chart and tell me how often and strong my contractions were. They were about a minute apart and I could really start feeling them. We called the doctor and nurse in and 20 minutes later, we had a baby. Even though the baby started out posterior, she quickly turned and made it the easiest delivery I've had.
Eden Lynn Lee was born at 6:17pm, 06/07/08, at 21" long and 8lbs. 1 oz. (later weighed at 8lbs. 4oz., just for the record, not that this is a fishing story). We finally brought her home Monday afternoon. Recovery is going well and we couldn't ask for a more perfect experience and baby.

13 comments:

Brant said...

Viola you look great! Congrats you guys on the new addition to your beautiful family. Love and miss you all!!!

Tara said...

YEAH!! She's finally here! You look fantastic, Viola! Your girls are ALL beautiful!
CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Eden is beautiful!! Do I detect darker hair than either Autumn or Aspen had when they were born? I hope so!! :)
What a beautiful family.

the 2nd tallest tree said...

Congrats! I didn't even know you were expecting another one! How come you and Austin can pick out the prettiest names? Do you have some sort of secret talent. If I have any more, I'm coming to you guys for name ideas!
By the way, we've got a blog ourselves!
-Molly Wood

Danielle Lindorf said...

I am so glad your experience went so well. All of you look so beautiful and happy! I can't wait to meet little Eden (LOVE the name, btw).

Familie Dettingmeijer said...

Viola and Austin, congratulations to your beautiful new family member! I’m glad your mom made it back from Germany in time. I hope we can come over sometime later to have a look :-) Best wishes from Chicago, the Dettingmeijer Family

Keli said...

Um, SOOO CUTE!!! Not that I would expect anything less, we Ames make pretty cute babies! Can't wait to hold her. Love you, Keli

Sarah said...

Congratulations!! We are so thrilled for you! Glad all went well! What a beautiful family!

Sarah and Joseph
-- and the girls!

seanandkadi said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. You look amazing, isn't it great to not be pregnant anymore!
Kadi

Angie said...

Hi Viola I was so excited to see you joined the blogging world! :) Eden is so beautiful! I'm sure her big sisters are so excited. Congrats and enjoy that sweet little baby.

The Barton Family said...

I found your blog on the Harveys!! I am so excited you have three girls and that all went well getting Eden here. (what a cute name!) Glad to see you are all well.

Rach said...

Congratulations guys!! We can't wait to see her. Let us know if you need anything.

Kalee said...

What a beautiful family! Congratulations on your precious baby girl. Great to hear the happy news and that all went well.
Kalee Bee