Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School Glorious School!

Autumn had her first day of pre-school on Friday. Her class is all girls except for one poor little boy. I was hoping she would have some more "boy exposure" since she gets enough girls at home, but that's life. Today was their first "show and tell" and she took her "Holly Hobby" doll. When I picked her up I asked her how it went. "Good" she replied. Well, did you show your Holly Hobby doll? "Yeah, and my panties" she replied matter-of-factly. I gasped in horror. I so did not want to be those people. Your panties?! "Oh, it's OK, I didn't show the ones on my bum, just the ones in my backpack" (from the extra clothes in her backpack, her teacher asked us to pack for emergencies). So, we had to have a talk about how we probably shouldn't show those panties either during show and tell. But I couldn't be too upset, I was just glad they weren't the ones she was wearing. So let me just apologize to all the moms whose kids came home today and told them that Autumn showed her panties for show and tell. I just hope it didn't start everyone getting their respective "emergency" undies from their backpacks and comparing notes. I'm so sorry Miss Amy.

5 comments:

Rach said...

That's too funny!!! I love preschool and having one less kid for a few hours.

Teeples Family said...

Glad that she is liking pre-school!
Underwear are cool things, aren't they? Tanner used to have all sorts of "character underwear, and he revelled the opportunity to show anyone and everyone.(But he was wearing it!) Star Wars, Toy Story, Harry Potter," you name it, he had it. That was the only way we could get him to potty train. He would kill me for sharing this though!

At least Autumn just showed the panties in her backpack! They must have been pretty great...

Rachel said...

How exciting! It's crazy how many posts I've read about kids going to preschool for the first time. I bet you really look forward to hearing about all of Autumn's school adventures each day she comes home.

Tara said...

How funny! I forgot all about show-n-tell so hopefully Morgan didn't show her panties! :) Luckily they are almost all girls in that class!

Keli said...

Lola, that is awesome! That makes me feel a little bit better about the crazy things my kids have done. Thanks :)